Thank You to the Leaders of Miami-Dade County
Thank you to Miami Mayor Carlos Gimenez and the Citizens’ Independent Transportation Trust (CITT) for approving the purchase of Proterra electric buses. The delivery of Proterra battery-electric buses will be on the agenda for the upcoming Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners meeting. We commend the Board of County Commissioners for pursuing the deployment of clean, quiet transportation to the community. With your approval, Proterra will deliver the many benefits of EV public transportation to Miami-Dade County and help the county reach its goal to reduce fossil fuel consumption with at least 50% of the county’s buses being electrically powered by 2035.
Clean, Quiet Transportation for Miami-Dade
The Proterra Catalyst® electric bus is 100% electric, with zero tailpipe emissions or pollutants and decreased dependency on fossil fuels. Emissions are reduced by an astounding 229,167 lbs. of CO2 annually each time a diesel vehicle is replaced by a zero-emission bus. Particulate matter from traditional transit buses contains numerous harmful gases and upwards of 40 cancer-causing substances.
Miami’s planned deployment of 33 electric buses, up to 75 buses, will be the largest EV bus fleet on the East Coast. Adopting Proterra Catalyst EV buses will help Miami-Dade reduce local GHG emissions, an important component of the Miami Beach Rising Above Resiliency Strategy and local Climate Action Plan.
- The Proterra Catalyst vehicle offers unmatched performance, with nearly twice the horsepower of a standard diesel bus and five times better fuel efficiency.
- With more than 9 million service miles driven in cities across the continent, Proterra vehicles have tackled some of the toughest routes in all climates.
- Customers, including major cities throughout the U.S., are operating Proterra electric buses in similar hot weather climates to Miami, with passenger loads and HVAC operating efficiently in 95-degree heat.
Proterra Customer Success Stories
LA County, CA
With a vision to deliver clean, quiet transportation for all, Proterra makes zero-emission, battery-electric buses that help fleet operators eliminate fossil fuel dependency and reduce costs.
With industry-leading energy efficiency, proven by rigorous Federal Transit Administration testing, all Proterra® buses are proudly designed and manufactured from the ground up in the U.S.A.
- Proterra is proud to have more than 100 customers across 41 U.S. states and Canadian Provinces, leading the transition to clean, quiet transportation for all.
- Proterra has been breaking records – not just for heavy-duty vehicles, but commercial and personal EVs of all sizes.
- From buses to batteries and chargers, Proterra has put innovation first and continues to advance electric vehicle technology to deliver the world’s best performing transit vehicles.
- At Proterra, we source more than 75% of all materials that make up Proterra vehicles right here in the U.S.