An efficient, zero-emission vehicle for last-mile delivery
Proterra has partnered with Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) to develop the MT50e, a new all-electric delivery truck chassis. Built on FCCC’s legendary MT platform, the MT50e is powered by Proterra’s advanced EV technology, proven through more than 16 million miles in service. With 226 kWh of energy storage capacity and more than 125 miles of driving range, the MT50e is ideal for zero-emission last-mile delivery.
The Proterra Powered MT50e has no tailpipe emissions, helping to clear the air and create healthier communities.
MT50e offers fleet operators a familiar industry-leading vehicle platform combined with proven EV technology from Proterra.
Lower Operating Costs
With an all-electric drivetrain, the MT50e has fewer moving parts, simplified maintenance, and better MPGe.
The Proterra Battery
- Active thermal management software for optimal charging and operation
- Energy reserve dynamically adjusts over time for maximum performance
- Sensors throughout pack deliver continuous monitoring and diagnostics
- Strong and ruggedized materials designed to withstand the toughest conditions
- Battery architecture features built-in safety mechanisms
- Rigorous vehicle testing and validation programs for highest standards of safety
- Compact design enables industry-leading energy density
- Efficient energy storage enables record-breaking range capabilities
- Consistent temperature control maximizes battery life in any climate
Flexible, High Power Charging
The MT50e electric delivery truck works with standardized chargers such as Proterra’s high power charging systems designed for commercial applications. The MT50e can fully charge in three hours with a 60kW DC fast charger.
Industry-standard charging technology seamlessly connects with your electric trucks and other EVs in your facilities with SAE J1772 CCS DC fast charging.
Modular and Scalable
Each Proterra Power Control System can be paired with up to four dispensers, reducing charger costs per bus as you scale and enabling automated simultaneous and/or sequential vehicle charging.
Proterra offers a turn-key approach to your charging infrastructure, including design, build, financing, operations, maintenance and energy optimization.