Electric Delivery Truck
Volta Trucks has partnered with Proterra to develop the Volta Zero electric delivery truck, the world’s first purpose-built, all-electric 16-tonne commercial vehicle designed specifically for freight distribution in city centers. Designed from the ground up to drive 150 to 200 kms (95 to 125 miles) on a single charge, the Volta Zero electric delivery truck provides more than enough range for distribution vehicles that spend most of their operating time in slow-moving traffic in city centers.
Powered by Proterra® battery technology, the Volta Zero electric delivery truck reduces emissions and improves air quality in the cities it serves, creating healthier communities with cleaner air.
Volta Trucks has a clear focus on vehicle safety, with a ground-up approach to design. Locating the battery between the chassis rails protects for impact and allows the cab and driver’s environment to be designed from the ground up to optimize visibility and comfort.
Proterra batteries in the Volta Zero incorporate advanced features such as active thermal management with liquid cooling for optimal charging and maximum battery life even in extreme outdoor conditions.
Given its sustainability ambitions, Volta Trucks will adopt a network manufacturing strategy with a number of assembly facilities distributed across its key markets, minimizing unnecessary transportation and cost, with a Europe-first strategy, followed by North America and Asia. Building upon the success of the Volta Zero, the company will offer a comprehensive range of 100% electric commercial vehicles with models in multiple weight categories, all reimagined thanks to their innovative, compact, electric powertrains.
The Proterra Battery
- Active thermal management software for optimal charging and operation
- Energy reserve dynamically adjusts over time for maximum performance
- Sensors throughout pack deliver continuous monitoring and diagnostics
- Strong and ruggedized materials designed to withstand the toughest conditions
- Battery architecture features built-in safety mechanisms
- Rigorous vehicle testing and validation programs for highest standards of safety
- Compact design enables industry-leading energy density
- Efficient energy storage enables record-breaking range capabilities
- Consistent temperature control maximizes battery life in any climate